Society has a great ability to distract and confuse its members about what will truly make us fulfilled in life. A majority of people pursue materialistic gains (car, name brands, big house, money, etc.), status, and domination of others; but when you reach this point, will you truly feel happy?
Simple Steps and Questions:
- Define your metric for success. What does success mean to you? Think about intangibles like peace of mind, no self-doubt, true friendship, positive impact for others, etc. Do not look to others as a guide, instead dive deep within.
- Reassess your goals and efforts constantly. Is your current path truly making you happy or fulfilled? Do you need to change approaches? Practice self-relfection. Use the 20/80 rule. Apply the 1% rule.
- Change directions fast. You can your use time and effort however you want; if your are going in a direction that you are not happy with, immediately change your actions. It is easy to get side-tracked by people with different self-agendas (think about the highway below - which ramp do you need to be on?). Do not be a people-pleaser or worry about what others will think.
List of Metrics to Consider:
- Share your talents
- Expand your skills
- Build stronger relationships (loyalty, support, etc.)
- Explore your unique intelligences and mental abilities
- Promote your health and well-being (mind, body, and soul)
- Improve your mindsets (emotional stability, confidence, etc.)
- Promote positive impact for others
Concepts to Review:
- Build a positive life experience: Honoring our senses, exposure to new things, and focus attention on what brings you joy.
- Self-reflection basics